- The Greeks - disease and infection
- They thought evil spirits caused disease and prayed to the god of healing, Asklepios at temples built for him called asklepion.
- People stayed at the Aklepion over night and prayed to the god. Asklepios sometimes in the form of a serpent or his two daughters, Panacea and Hygeia, visited the sick and cured them
- There were first places that were especially built for the treatment of the sick. They became the focus for those who were interested with medicine and so increased the likelihood of discoveries being made
- A great deal of evidence by people who experienced cures of all kinds