Roman ideas and society
- Major improvements in public health due to government-funded projects
- Many different cultures and ideas from across the Empire spread to Britain - including the use of different herbal remedies
- Many Greeks, including doctors, came to live and work in the Empire, bringing Greek ideas about medicine with them
- Towns and cities grew - infection and diseases spreading more easily
- Forts usually contained well equipped hospitals that treated injured soldiers.
- The hospitals provided training for surgeons and physicians. Few were open to the public so they would not have had an impact on the…