- Glycolysis (Cytoplasm)
- 3) the triose phosphate molecules are now oxidised to pyruvate molecule. The Hydrogens which are lost are collected by NAD to form reducedNAD
- 4) ATP is now produced. Enzyme controlled reactions convert triose phosphate into pyruvate molecules. In the process 2 molecules of ATP are produces. This is substrate level phosphorylation
- 1) Glucose is activated by phosphorylation. Two ATP molecules are hydrolysed to ADP therefore releasing two Phosphates.
- Overall yield: 2 ATP, 2Reduced NAD, 2 Pyruvate
- Remember glycolysis is anarobic. It can occur in the abscence of oxygen