- Poetic Technique
- An object or thing is given human characteristics.
- A sentence that runs over one or more line.
- A stop or pause in the middle of a line
- Describing something as if it is something else
- A pair of lines that rhyme, usually at the end of the sonnet.
- It is a stylistic device in which a number of words, having the same first consonant sound, occur close together in a series.Untitled
- ambiguity is a word, phrase, or statement which contains more than one meaning.
- when two or more words close to one another repeat the same vowel sound but start with different consonant sounds.
- is an unreal exaggeration to emphasize the real situation
- is a figure of speech in which two opposite ideas are joined to create an effect
- A pun is a playing on words which often has one or more meaning to it.
- is referred to an atmosphere of a literary piece, as it creates an emotional situation that surrounds the readers.
Similar English Literature resources: