Theme Ideas Attitudes and Tones Structure and Form Techniques
- First column put the keyword from the question, this will be the focus of the answer.
- 2 or 3 quotations to put in each box
- Notice why poetic devices have been used and suggest why. Think why the poet may have used them. How do they relate to the main idea/theme?
- Start each paragraph with a topic sentence how is poem is related to your point:
- Both poems demonstrate.
- Although the first poem has a positive tone the second poem..
- Each of the poems take a slightly different approach.
- The 2 poems contrast in.
- There is a similar description of.. in both poems.
- Examine words and think of wider connotations (image what is suggested by a word)
- Look for similarites and differences
- Write a conclusion that brings your answer together. Mention your feelings and attitudes.
1 of 1