- Nature vs Nurture
- Nature is the idea what we act as we do because we were born that way.
- Genetics determine everything in our life.
- It is said that criminals have 'bad DNA' from a nature perspective
- Nurture is the idea that we act as we do because we are taught how to behave by society.
- We are taught the norms, values, mores and rules by agents of socialisation.
- Primary socialization consists of people such as family, they teach us how to behave from early stages in our life.
- Sociologists argue that it is down to nurture, not nature.
- Secondary socialization are things such as friends, school and work which all change the way we act.
Similar Sociology resources: