- EYEWITNESS TESTIMONY- Refers to an
account given by people of an event they have witnessed.
- EWT requires high-order memory capacity. This is why children are not reliable for EWT as their brains are not fully developed.
- Memory is affected by retelling, and we rarely tell a story in a neutral fashion. This affects the reliability of EWT.
- SCHEMAS CONTRIBUTING TO STEREOTYPES~ Schemas can make it difficult to retain new information that does not conform to our established ideas about the world.
- Eyewitness Testimony can be affected by many psychological factors; anxiety/stress, reconstructive memory, weapon focus & leading questions.
- Organized pattern of thought or behavior.
- People of a young age do not have accurate Eyewitness Testimony.
- Ceci & Bruck research shows that, children like to not necessarily lie but, make up fantasy's when given the chance by interviewers.
- EYEWITNESS TESTIMONY- Refers to an account given by people of an event they have witnessed.