- Magazine/comic front covers
- Mission statement - eg to celebrate fun, glamour and a passion for life and inspire teenage girls to be the best they can possibly be (cosmogirl)
- Brand Values eg. **** glamorous fearless intimate empowering interative
- Reader profile (core buyer)
- Cover lines/screamer, strapline
- Cover mount - free gift - Burton's device of persuasion - naked reward
- Uses and gratifications
- Mode of address (language/style/'voice' of the magazine, the way the mag talks to its readers)
- Regular features, advertorials, articles
- Contractions/made up words - 'splesh' 'your bezzy mate'
- Alliteration, thyme and assonance
- Declaratives (makes a statement or assertions) 'all saints get mucky
- Imperatives (get stress off your back)
- Interrogatives (asks questions) 'feeding friends?'
- Exclamatives 'nice tackle!'
- Superlatives - 'the biggest, the best!'
- Puns/word play eg. 'living la vida lopez'
- Intertextuality, mainstream, niche market
Similar Media Studies resources: