- Woman would make the tipi's out of buffalo hide
- They would carry babies in cradle boards
- The cradle boards where normally beautifully decorated.
- They would be taught to work hard from childhood
- They would go on their first hunt at the age of 14.
- They where in charge of hunting and fighting .
- Men tried to 'woo' the women with poems and music
- Normally horses were given too the farther of women that they wanted to marry
- Men could have more than one wife
- Most marriages where love matches
- Old People
- When they are of no use and helpless they are left behind by the tribe to die
- They where respected in the trive
- They would tell stories about the tribes history.
- They would give advise and help to look after the children
- They didn't go to school but they where taught how to survive on the great plans
- Parents would celebrate their daughters first menstrual cycle and announce it.
- Boys where taught to ride horses and use bow and arrows
- They where not punished unless they did something serious.
- Babies where taught to be silent from a young age so they didn't cry
- They would play roles of unofficial look outs.
Similar History resources: