- heat is transferred in three different ways
- heat radiation can be transferred by radiation, conduction or convection.
- heat radiation is the transfer of heat energy by infrared radiation
- Conduction and convection involve the transfer of energy by particles.
- Conduction is the main form of heat transfer in solids.
- convection is the main form of heat transfer in liquids and gases.
- Infrared radiation can be emitted by solids, liquids and gases.
- Any object can both absorb and emit infrared radiation, whether or not conduction or convection are also taking place.
- The bigger the temperature difference between a body and its surroundings, the faster energy is transferred by heating.