- Dangerous Surgery before 1800s
- No clean equipment or clothing were used.
- Operating theatres were dirty and unhygienic to perform a surgery.
- Doctors were drunk while performing surgeries.
- Leather belt was used to tie around patient to stop them from bleeding heavily .
- The fastest time a surgey has been done in history is two and half minute.
- Most surgeries were done in stables
- 1 in 10 survived one week after the sugery.
- Horses bith table was used as a surgery bed.
- In order to make a patient go to sleep doctors would give them drugs or hit them on the head.
- Surgeons wore the same blood stained clothing that they had worn in the previous surgery.
Similar History resources: