- Crime Key Terms 3
- Neighborhood Watch scheme: where people look after each other and act as a deterrent to burglars and other criminals
- CCTV: Closed Circuit TV, used to monitor behavior and deter crime
- Target Hardening: an approch to reducing crime that emphisises making it more difficult for criminals to commit crimes.
- For example, better street lighting, tougher doors and windows, and alarms
- White-collar Crime- Crimes committed by persons of high social status and responsibility in the course of their representation
- Can be bribery corruption and fraud
- State Crimes- a crime committed by the government, such as a war crime, genocide and torture