- Can we predict earthquakes? NO!
- Sensitive instruments- Just before an earthquake, a buldge may appear on the earth's surface and these instruments can detect changes
- Maps- Maps can be used to locate the center of previous earthquakes and therefore determine whether a pattern is present
- Time between earthquakes- in some places, such as Tokyo, earthquakes happen after a certain number of years-> every 70 years since 1600 in Tokyo
- Animal behavior- fish jump out of water, dogs howl, horses rear and mice and spiders run from homes
Similar Geography resources: