- B1f: Homoeostasis pt 1
- Definition: the maintenance of a constant internal environment
- healthy body temp is 37 degrees. 42 = death and 25 = death.
- Vasodilatation is where blood vessels swell and make the face go red.
- Vasoconstriction is where blood vessels shrink and make the face go blue
- Hairs become erect to trap pockets of air that warm the body up. These create goosebumps
- Shivering is where the muscles in the body are told to shake, generating frictional heat
- Sweating is where water is secreted and evaporates, taking heat with it.
- The body controls temperature, water, co2, salt ions and sugar