- Athenian Politics
- Festivals such as the City Dionysia and The Panathenaia gave Athens to show off their city.
- Non-Athenians were invited and would surely impressed by the wealth, power and religion of the largest city in the Greek World.
- Athens invented the democracy from the Greek 'demos' meaning people.
- The Assembly = Every citizen was a member which voted to create new laws.
- The Council = 500 citizens which elected by lot sat this every year they were the city's civi service
- The Magistrates = 9 Archons or magistrates who served for a year and oversaw various areas of public life including law and courts.
- Each citizen a member of the city's 10 tribes. Each tribe had to provide a certain number of men for council.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: