- Alfieri AVFTB essay plan
- Acts as a chorus (Saying the events as they happen)
- Metaphorical bridge: judging both American and Italian values equally
- "Sat there powerless as I"
- Aware that he couldn't do anything to prevent Eddie's death
- Accepting of bad things
- "I'm only a lawyer"
- He can help, but not change inevitable outcomes
- "There is too much love for the daughter, there is too much love for the neice"
- Concious of Eddie's feelings
- Forcefully warning him
- Aware of Eddie's feelings before he is
- "Morally and legally, you have no rights"
- "Only God makes justice"
- Further demonstrateshow he is powerless
- Shows he can get to people by their "moral anchors" (in this case religion)
- Acts as a "voice of reason" to people who need it i.e. Eddie and Marco
- Alfieri is aware of his position
- Is able to communicate with 2 sides of an argument (Eddie and Marco)
- He is the "voice of reason" throghout the play (moral guide)
Similar English Literature resources: