- Created by: Jodie Bennett
- Created on: 08-01-13 14:29
- Air quality: Gases in clean air.
- Nitrogen: N2- 78%- Only reacts when hot.
- Oxygen: O2- 21%- needed for respiration and breathing.
- Argon: Ar: 1%- Not reactive.
- Carbon Dioxide: CO2- 0.04%- Needed for photo synthesis.
- Water vapour: H2O- vaires 0-4%- varies with the weather
- Nitrogen and oxygen dont react in the air however inside a car engine it is very hot which makes them react together to make nitrogen monoxide.
- The nitrogen monoxide reacts with more oxygen in the air to make nitrogen dioxide.
Similar Science resources: