1. What is a mutation?
- Sudden changes to the genes (alleles) and chromosomes
- Nuclear division which forms gametes
- Produces harmful toxins within the alleles causing the to distort
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Define species.
- Involves identifying individuals with desired charcteristics
- A group of similar organisms that can breed together to produce fertile offspring
- A measurement of individuals, selected from the population of organisms which are being investigated
3. Minimising chance..
- Using a large sample size & analysis of the data collected
- Divide the study area, take random coordinates and take samples
4. What are the environmental influences?
- Mutations, meiosis & fusion of gametes
- Climate conditions, soil conditions, pH & food availability
- Asexually reproducing organisms & sexually reproducing organisms
5. Asexual reproduction can be increased by..
- Mutation, Meiosis & fusion of gametes