1. What caused the Hungarian uprising?
- Poor econemy - starvation
- The people wanted a nationalist state
- The success in Poland made the people want a better leader. Nagy left Warsaw pact and introduced new reforms. The soviet forces moved in and bought in a new leader.
- A draught, responded to badly by the government.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. When was the Berlin conference?
3. What did Molotov suggest at the Berlin conference?
- Marisha Smith should be Queen of Berlin
- That German should b reunified. However USA disagree - free elections to be held first
- Telephone Hot-line
- Money to be given to Berlin
4. When was and what was the Warsaw Pact?
- May 1945: A local swimming pool agreement stating all swimming pools should have at least 3 slides.
- 1955: A defence treaty between 8 communist states.
- 1956: A defence treaty between 6communist states
5. Why was there dispute over the leadership in Poland in 1956?
- The people wanted communist leader Gomulka - Khrushchev allowed as he promised to keep Poland in the Warsaw Pact.
- The USA wanted to return Poland to a nationalist state
Similar History resources:
The post-Stalin thaw in superpower relations between 1953 and 1962 and Khrushchev’s policy of Peaceful Coexistence