1. What caused the Hungarian uprising?
- The people wanted a nationalist state
- The success in Poland made the people want a better leader. Nagy left Warsaw pact and introduced new reforms. The soviet forces moved in and bought in a new leader.
- Poor econemy - starvation
- A draught, responded to badly by the government.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was a key event at the Vienna Summet?
- Kennedy and Khrushchev met for the first time - they discussed nuclear disarment, Berlin and ideological differences.
- Nothing was done.
- Khrushchev failed to attend
3. What happened in FINLAND 1956?
- The USSR gave up Porkkala - it wasn't useful to them
- The USSR offered part of Porkkala back to Finland
4. When was the Genevra Summet?
- June 195
- May 1954
5. Which two leaders make new agreement 'Belgrade declaration' (countries can interpret Marxism differently)
- Hungary and Poland
- Yugoslavia and USSR
- Britain and USA
Similar History resources:
The post-Stalin thaw in superpower relations between 1953 and 1962 and Khrushchev’s policy of Peaceful Coexistence