1. What was a key event at the Vienna Summet?
- Kennedy and Khrushchev met for the first time - they discussed nuclear disarment, Berlin and ideological differences.
- Nothing was done.
- Khrushchev failed to attend
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What caused the Hungarian uprising?
- The success in Poland made the people want a better leader. Nagy left Warsaw pact and introduced new reforms. The soviet forces moved in and bought in a new leader.
- A draught, responded to badly by the government.
- Poor econemy - starvation
- The people wanted a nationalist state
3. When was the ceasefire in the Korean War?
4. When was the East German Uprising?
5. Which two leaders make new agreement 'Belgrade declaration' (countries can interpret Marxism differently)
- Yugoslavia and USSR
- Britain and USA
- Hungary and Poland
Similar History resources:
The post-Stalin thaw in superpower relations between 1953 and 1962 and Khrushchev’s policy of Peaceful Coexistence