1. When was the first atomic bomb launched?
- 1965 by Russia
- 1945 - by America
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why was there dispute over the leadership in Poland in 1956?
- The people wanted communist leader Gomulka - Khrushchev allowed as he promised to keep Poland in the Warsaw Pact.
- The USA wanted to return Poland to a nationalist state
3. Key point about the Paris Conference?
- Barely anything was discussed: the U2 plane incdent was argued about.
- A new leader in Paris conference
4. What was agreed at the Genevra conference concerning Vietnam?
- Clue: (The USA were alarmed, they knew the communists win the election)
- Vietnam should hold elections immediately
- To stop the civil War, a 2 year split at 17th parallel, then elections
- Vietnam would be taken over by a communist leader
5. What was a key event at the Vienna Summet?
- Kennedy and Khrushchev met for the first time - they discussed nuclear disarment, Berlin and ideological differences.
- Nothing was done.
- Khrushchev failed to attend
Similar History resources:
The post-Stalin thaw in superpower relations between 1953 and 1962 and Khrushchev’s policy of Peaceful Coexistence