1. Why was there dispute over the leadership in Poland in 1956?
- The people wanted communist leader Gomulka - Khrushchev allowed as he promised to keep Poland in the Warsaw Pact.
- The USA wanted to return Poland to a nationalist state
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the main policies of the Genevra summet?
- 'Open skies' should be a used policy in NATO.
- 1. Eisenhower suggested 'open skies' 2. Krh. shall we dismantle Warsaw and NATO? US refuse.
- Eisenhower suggested that German should be made neutral, Khrushchev refused.
3. What was a key event at the Vienna Summet?
- Kennedy and Khrushchev met for the first time - they discussed nuclear disarment, Berlin and ideological differences.
- Nothing was done.
- Khrushchev failed to attend
4. What was agreed at the Genevra conference concerning Vietnam?
- Clue: (The USA were alarmed, they knew the communists win the election)
- Vietnam should hold elections immediately
- To stop the civil War, a 2 year split at 17th parallel, then elections
- Vietnam would be taken over by a communist leader
5. Where was Krhushchev not allowed entry?
- Disney Land
- The Museums
- West Berlin
Similar History resources:
The post-Stalin thaw in superpower relations between 1953 and 1962 and Khrushchev’s policy of Peaceful Coexistence