1. What was agreed at the Genevra conference concerning Vietnam?
- To stop the civil War, a 2 year split at 17th parallel, then elections
- Clue: (The USA were alarmed, they knew the communists win the election)
- Vietnam should hold elections immediately
- Vietnam would be taken over by a communist leader
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which two leaders make new agreement 'Belgrade declaration' (countries can interpret Marxism differently)
- Hungary and Poland
- Yugoslavia and USSR
- Britain and USA
3. What was a key event at the Vienna Summet?
- Kennedy and Khrushchev met for the first time - they discussed nuclear disarment, Berlin and ideological differences.
- Nothing was done.
- Khrushchev failed to attend
4. What did Molotov suggest at the Berlin conference?
- That German should b reunified. However USA disagree - free elections to be held first
- Money to be given to Berlin
- Telephone Hot-line
- Marisha Smith should be Queen of Berlin
5. What date was & what was the Austrian State Treaty?
- 1955: Land reunited post-WW2 diving, US and USSR withdrew weapons
- 1950: The decision to kill all dogs in Austria
- 1955 The dicision to futher split Austria in 4
Similar History resources:
The post-Stalin thaw in superpower relations between 1953 and 1962 and Khrushchev’s policy of Peaceful Coexistence