1. In which year did Roosevelt issue the Executive Order 8802 (in attempt to force industry to employ black people if they wanted to receive government contracts) and set up the Fair Employment Practices Committee to enforce this order?
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. At the beginning of WW2 there were only ... black officers in the US Army.
3. What does the CORE stand for?
- the Congress of Racial Equality
- the Committee of Racial Equality
- the Conference of Racial Equality
- the Co-operation of Racial Equality
4. Black newspapers set up the double V campaign which meant...
- Victory for America and Victory for the blacks
- Victory over Hitler and Victory in the struggle for equality
- Victory in the war and Victory over unemployment
- Victory over Hitler and Victory over poverty
5. By the end of WW2 some units in the army were desegregated. Genral ..., the Supreme Allied Commander in Europe personally supported integrated units.
Similar History resources: