1. Which of the following do mechanoreceptors and chemorecptors have in common?
- When unstimulated, the ion channel is closed
- The ion channel is also the receptor
- The stimulus acts directly on the ion channel
- The stimulus is the binding of a molecule
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In the homunculus, the body areas are represented with regards to what?
- Tactile Sensitivity
- Skin Area
3. What mechanism do the centre/surround receptor fields exhibit? (These receptor fields are present in the dorsal column nuclei and thalamic neurones
- Lateral Excitation
- Lateral Inhibition
- Medial Inhibtion
- Medial Excitation
4. What effect does an increase in intensity have on action potentials?
- It increases the frequency of the action potentials
- It has no effect
- It increases duration of the action potentials
- It increases the intensity of the action potential itself
5. Which of the following sub-modalities is not processed by the somatosensory system?
- Head motion
Similar Medicine resources: