1. Which of the muscle and joint mechanoreceptors is responsible for the detection of joint position and movement?
- Golgi tendon organ
- Joint capsule
- Muscle spindle secondary
- Muscle spindle primary
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the function of the dorsal horn of the spinal cord?
3. What mechanism do the centre/surround receptor fields exhibit? (These receptor fields are present in the dorsal column nuclei and thalamic neurones
- Medial Excitation
- Lateral Inhibition
- Lateral Excitation
- Medial Inhibtion
4. The spinoreticular system shares what feature in common with the anterolateral system?
- They both have their first synapse with the lamina V cell in the spinal cord
- They both synapse with the VPL nucleus
- They both synapse with the reticular formation
5. In the homunculus, the body areas are represented with regards to what?
- Tactile Sensitivity
- Skin Area