1. Where are receptor fields smallest?
- Where the surface area of the skin is smal
- Where the surface area of the skin is large
- Where the most discrimination is required
- Where the least discrimination is required
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Brodmann's areas 1 and 3b recieve information from where?
- Skin receptors
- Muscle receptors
- Joint receptors
3. What effect does an increase in intensity have on action potentials?
- It increases the intensity of the action potential itself
- It increases the frequency of the action potentials
- It increases duration of the action potentials
- It has no effect
4. Which of the following do mechanoreceptors and chemorecptors have in common?
- The stimulus is the binding of a molecule
- The ion channel is also the receptor
- When unstimulated, the ion channel is closed
- The stimulus acts directly on the ion channel
5. What information does the dorsal column system NOT convey?
- Fine (discriminative) touch
Similar Medicine resources: