1. What mechanism do the centre/surround receptor fields exhibit? (These receptor fields are present in the dorsal column nuclei and thalamic neurones
- Medial Excitation
- Lateral Inhibition
- Lateral Excitation
- Medial Inhibtion
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the muscle and joint mechanoreceptors is responsible for the detection of joint position and movement?
- Joint capsule
- Golgi tendon organ
- Muscle spindle primary
- Muscle spindle secondary
3. How is the modality of a stimuli represented by the electrical 'code' generated by the peripheral receptors in response to a stimuli?
- By different types of sensory receptor and different sensory pathways
- By the mean frequency of action potentials
- By the duration of the action potential
- By the localised area in which the receptor can be activated
4. Which Brodmann's area is not present in the primary somatic sensory cortex?
5. What is the function of the dorsal horn of the spinal cord?