1. Who first wrote about the Manifest Destiny, in 1845?
- John Lliff
- John O'Sullivan
- Joseph McCoy
- Joseph Smith
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. In what year did the first mountain men become guides for the wagon trains?
3. What was the main use of the fur trapped by the mountain men?
- Fur handbags
- Fur wallpaper
- Fur hats
- Fur coats
4. What did the mountain men tell the people in the east about the west?
- There was lots of good farming land
- The Indians were savages
- There was a profitable fur industry
- There were good jobs
5. What was the term "whites" used to describe?
- All the wite migrants who came across and on to the Great Plains
- People from other countries who came across and on to the Great Plains
- All people from the East and South of the USA who cam across and on to the Great Plains
- The Native Americans