1. Which of these was not a problem faced by wagon trains?
- Illnesses struck the and they were difficult to treat
- Indians raided the wagons at night and stole food supplies
- The trails were thousands of kilometres long and involved crossing the Rocky mountains
- There were no good maps or roads
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the main use of the fur trapped by the mountain men?
- Fur handbags
- Fur hats
- Fur coats
- Fur wallpaper
3. In what year did the first mountain men become guides for the wagon trains?
4. What was one of the reasons the whites used to prove that the Indians were inferior?
- They were nomads
- They wore feather headdresses
- They had not discovered writing or the wheel
- They were Christians
5. What was the term "whites" used to describe?
- All the wite migrants who came across and on to the Great Plains
- People from other countries who came across and on to the Great Plains
- All people from the East and South of the USA who cam across and on to the Great Plains
- The Native Americans