1. How did Indaians get metal goods such as cooking pots?
- They sold skins to the mountain men
- They traded horses with the mountain men
- They killed the mountain men
- They made them
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many people died of cholera on the way to the west?
3. What did the mountain men tell the people in the east about the west?
- There were good jobs
- The Indians were savages
- There was lots of good farming land
- There was a profitable fur industry
4. Which of these was not a problem faced by wagon trains?
- The trails were thousands of kilometres long and involved crossing the Rocky mountains
- Indians raided the wagons at night and stole food supplies
- There were no good maps or roads
- Illnesses struck the and they were difficult to treat
5. In what year did the first mountain men become guides for the wagon trains?