1. What did the mountain men tell the people in the east about the west?
- There were good jobs
- The Indians were savages
- There was lots of good farming land
- There was a profitable fur industry
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was one of the reasons the whites used to prove that the Indians were inferior?
- They were nomads
- They had not discovered writing or the wheel
- They were Christians
- They wore feather headdresses
3. How did the travelling whites disrupt the Indian's way of life?
- They took all the buffalo for themselves
- They destroyed the Indian's camps
- They disurbed the buffalo herds
- They stole the Indian's horses
4. How many people died of cholera on the way to the west?
5. Which of these was not a problem faced by wagon trains?
- Illnesses struck the and they were difficult to treat
- Indians raided the wagons at night and stole food supplies
- The trails were thousands of kilometres long and involved crossing the Rocky mountains
- There were no good maps or roads