1. Who first wrote about the Manifest Destiny, in 1845?
- John Lliff
- Joseph Smith
- John O'Sullivan
- Joseph McCoy
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many people died of cholera on the way to the west?
3. Which of these was not a problem faced by wagon trains?
- Indians raided the wagons at night and stole food supplies
- Illnesses struck the and they were difficult to treat
- There were no good maps or roads
- The trails were thousands of kilometres long and involved crossing the Rocky mountains
4. What was one of the reasons the whites used to prove that the Indians were inferior?
- They had not discovered writing or the wheel
- They were Christians
- They were nomads
- They wore feather headdresses
5. What did the mountain men tell the people in the east about the west?
- There was a profitable fur industry
- There were good jobs
- There was lots of good farming land
- The Indians were savages