1. What was one of the reasons the whites used to prove that the Indians were inferior?
- They had not discovered writing or the wheel
- They wore feather headdresses
- They were Christians
- They were nomads
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How did Indaians get metal goods such as cooking pots?
- They made them
- They sold skins to the mountain men
- They killed the mountain men
- They traded horses with the mountain men
3. What was the main use of the fur trapped by the mountain men?
- Fur wallpaper
- Fur hats
- Fur handbags
- Fur coats
4. Who first wrote about the Manifest Destiny, in 1845?
- Joseph Smith
- John O'Sullivan
- John Lliff
- Joseph McCoy
5. In what year did the first mountain men become guides for the wagon trains?