1. In what year did the first mountain men become guides for the wagon trains?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How did Indaians get metal goods such as cooking pots?
- They sold skins to the mountain men
- They made them
- They traded horses with the mountain men
- They killed the mountain men
3. Who first wrote about the Manifest Destiny, in 1845?
- Joseph Smith
- Joseph McCoy
- John O'Sullivan
- John Lliff
4. How did the travelling whites disrupt the Indian's way of life?
- They disurbed the buffalo herds
- They took all the buffalo for themselves
- They destroyed the Indian's camps
- They stole the Indian's horses
5. What was the main use of the fur trapped by the mountain men?
- Fur wallpaper
- Fur hats
- Fur handbags
- Fur coats