1. In what year did the first mountain men become guides for the wagon trains?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the term "whites" used to describe?
- All the wite migrants who came across and on to the Great Plains
- People from other countries who came across and on to the Great Plains
- All people from the East and South of the USA who cam across and on to the Great Plains
- The Native Americans
3. How many people died of cholera on the way to the west?
4. What was one of the reasons the whites used to prove that the Indians were inferior?
- They wore feather headdresses
- They were Christians
- They had not discovered writing or the wheel
- They were nomads
5. Which of these was not a problem faced by wagon trains?
- The trails were thousands of kilometres long and involved crossing the Rocky mountains
- Indians raided the wagons at night and stole food supplies
- There were no good maps or roads
- Illnesses struck the and they were difficult to treat