1. What was the main use of the fur trapped by the mountain men?
- Fur handbags
- Fur hats
- Fur coats
- Fur wallpaper
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the mountain men tell the people in the east about the west?
- There was a profitable fur industry
- There was lots of good farming land
- The Indians were savages
- There were good jobs
3. In what year did the first mountain men become guides for the wagon trains?
4. How did the travelling whites disrupt the Indian's way of life?
- They stole the Indian's horses
- They disurbed the buffalo herds
- They destroyed the Indian's camps
- They took all the buffalo for themselves
5. What was the term "whites" used to describe?
- All the wite migrants who came across and on to the Great Plains
- People from other countries who came across and on to the Great Plains
- All people from the East and South of the USA who cam across and on to the Great Plains
- The Native Americans