1. What did the AAA (Agricultural Adjustment Administration) tackle?
- How to get people to buy crops
- Rural poverty, unemployment and low crop prices
- Problems faced by farmers
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why was the NIRA (National Industrial Recovery Act) different to other alphabet agencies?
- Only helped the president and the government
- Looked at the general economic condition of the USA
- Focussed on money
3. What did the FERA (Federal Emergency Relief Administration) do?
- Roosevelt gave clothes and shelter to the homeless
- $500 million dollars allocated to help relieve suffering
- $10 million dollars was given to shelters to feed the homeless
- Roosevelt travelled around the country and spoke to those in poverty to find out what they wanted
4. What did the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps) do?
- Gave young men work for 6 months
- Looked after the American people
- Volunteers helped take care of the elderly
- Gave food to those in poverty
5. Why was the EBA (Emergency Banking Act) set up?
- To make Roosevelt look good
- To show that the banks were good and that you could trust them
- To improve confidence in the American banks
- To tell the American people that the Great Depression was over