1. What did the FERA (Federal Emergency Relief Administration) do?
- $10 million dollars was given to shelters to feed the homeless
- Roosevelt gave clothes and shelter to the homeless
- $500 million dollars allocated to help relieve suffering
- Roosevelt travelled around the country and spoke to those in poverty to find out what they wanted
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the AAA (Agricultural Adjustment Administration) tackle?
- How to get people to buy crops
- Rural poverty, unemployment and low crop prices
- Problems faced by farmers
3. What action did the EBA (Emergency Banking Act) take?
- Backed 5,000 banks and reassured the American people that their money was safe
- Backed 10,000 banks
- Told people that the banks were regaining confidence
- Regulated the stock market
4. Why was the NIRA (National Industrial Recovery Act) different to other alphabet agencies?
- Only helped the president and the government
- Looked at the general economic condition of the USA
- Focussed on money
5. How did the NIRA (National Industrial Recovery Act) create jobs?
- Trade unions became involved
- Set standards on working practices
- It was an attractive agency that people wanted to be involved in