- Created by: Tashaa97
- Created on: 29-04-15 13:58
1. What did Loftus et al. (1995) say about therapists?
- Therapists may be planting “false memories” which can be done quite easily as people’s memories are very malleable (Loftus et al. 1995) so reduces validity.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a disadvantage of Freud's theory?
- Hard to test Freud's theory to prove/disprove validity of the concept of repressed memories so it lacks falsifiability.
3. What is another disadvantage of Freud's theory?
- It's unacceptable to create traumatic or stressful events in a lab to see if they are repressed, so it raises ethical issues.
4. What did Freud believe?
- Freud believed that theses repressed memories continue to affect conscious thought, desire and action even though there is no conscious memory of the traumatic event.
5. Who supported Freud's theory?
- Levinger & Clark’s (1961) study supports repression as an emotional factor in forgetting.