1. What is the verification principle?
- a statement that cannot be verified must be meaningless
- if a statement can be proven false it is meaningful
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who agreed with Aquinas?
- Ian Ramsey (qualifiers)
- Stanislaw Lem (Solaris)
3. What is univocal language?
- words that have the same meaning in all contexts
- words that have several meanings
4. What is Aquinas's analogy of proportion?
- All things are bigger or smaller than each other
- God is proportionately greater than all beings on earth
- God causes our attributes like a good baker produces good bread
5. What is cognitive language?
- coveys facts and knowledge; can be proven true or false
- things that are non-factual e.g. emotions