1. What is via negativa/ the apophatic way?
- describing God in terms of what he is not
- describing God negatively
- describing what God is
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What could a statement be to be possibly verifiable using the STRONG verification principle?
- analytic (including mathematical), synthetic and true by confirmation of the senses.
- mathematical and historical
- analytic but not synthetic
3. Who agreed with Aquinas?
- Ian Ramsey (qualifiers)
- Stanislaw Lem (Solaris)
4. What is the verification principle?
- a statement that cannot be verified must be meaningless
- if a statement can be proven false it is meaningful
5. What is Aquinas's analogy of proportion?
- God is proportionately greater than all beings on earth
- God causes our attributes like a good baker produces good bread
- All things are bigger or smaller than each other