1. What is via negativa/ the apophatic way?
- describing what God is
- describing God in terms of what he is not
- describing God negatively
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is cognitive language?
- coveys facts and knowledge; can be proven true or false
- things that are non-factual e.g. emotions
3. What is Aquinas's analogy of proportion?
- God is proportionately greater than all beings on earth
- God causes our attributes like a good baker produces good bread
- All things are bigger or smaller than each other
4. What is univocal language?
- words that have the same meaning in all contexts
- words that have several meanings
5. Who agreed with Aquinas?
- Ian Ramsey (qualifiers)
- Stanislaw Lem (Solaris)