1. What is via negativa/ the apophatic way?
- describing what God is
- describing God in terms of what he is not
- describing God negatively
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who agreed with Aquinas?
- Ian Ramsey (qualifiers)
- Stanislaw Lem (Solaris)
3. Why did Wittgenstein compare language to games?
- language is colourful like the balls from various games
- there are rules that need to be followed and it cannot be understood if you do not know the rules
- it is fun
4. What did D.Z. Phillips argue?
- religious statements are expressions of belief
- religious statements are grounded in belief
5. Did Tillich think symbols are different from signs?
- yes - signs do not participate in what they signalise
- no - there is no difference e.g. clouds are both a sign and a symbol of rain