1. What did D.Z. Phillips argue?
- religious statements are expressions of belief
- religious statements are grounded in belief
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Wittgenstein compare language to games?
- language is colourful like the balls from various games
- there are rules that need to be followed and it cannot be understood if you do not know the rules
- it is fun
3. What parable did Flew use to illustrate the falsification principle?
- Parable of the Gardener
- Parable of the Lunatic
- Parable of the Partisan and the Stranger
4. What is via negativa/ the apophatic way?
- describing what God is
- describing God in terms of what he is not
- describing God negatively
5. What did Bultman mean by 'kerygma'
- the true message or meaning
- the secrets of the Bible
- true facts