1. What is via negativa/ the apophatic way?
- describing what God is
- describing God in terms of what he is not
- describing God negatively
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Did Tillich think symbols are different from signs?
- yes - signs do not participate in what they signalise
- no - there is no difference e.g. clouds are both a sign and a symbol of rain
3. What did D.Z. Phillips argue?
- religious statements are expressions of belief
- religious statements are grounded in belief
4. Who agreed with Aquinas?
- Ian Ramsey (qualifiers)
- Stanislaw Lem (Solaris)
5. What is Aquinas's analogy of proportion?
- God is proportionately greater than all beings on earth
- God causes our attributes like a good baker produces good bread
- All things are bigger or smaller than each other