1. What is the verification principle?
- a statement that cannot be verified must be meaningless
- if a statement can be proven false it is meaningful
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did D.Z. Phillips argue?
- religious statements are expressions of belief
- religious statements are grounded in belief
3. Who agreed with Aquinas?
- Ian Ramsey (qualifiers)
- Stanislaw Lem (Solaris)
4. What is univocal language?
- words that have the same meaning in all contexts
- words that have several meanings
5. Did Tillich think symbols are different from signs?
- yes - signs do not participate in what they signalise
- no - there is no difference e.g. clouds are both a sign and a symbol of rain