1. What is double bind theory?
- Schizophrenia is a learned response which occurs when children are constantly placed in no win situations, offered conflicting messages (eg. Hug me, grow up)
- Schizophrenia doubly binds a person biologically and psychologically
- Where children are asked to choose between their parents
- Where children are bound by a feeling of duty to their friends and family
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is social causation hypothesis?
- Being a member of the lowest social class means increased stress levels leaving individuals more vulnerable to sz
- Those who are more wealthy can afford schizophrenia treatments
- Only the poor can have schizophrenia due to their increased stress levels
- High classes are vulnerable to schizophrenia, due to the stress of keeping up appearances.
3. Who came up with the behavioural approach?
4. Who came up with the psychodynamic explanation?
- Bateson et al
5. What are the four main psychological explanations of Schizophrenia?
- Behavioural, Psychodynamic, Cognitive, Social and Family Relationships
- Behavioural, Psychological, Cognition, Society influence
- Psychological, Stress, Infantile regression, Behavioural
- Cold mothers, Ex lovers, alien abduction and violent personality