1. What are the flaws of Cognitive explanations for schizophrenia?
- It is factually known that the causes for schizophrenia are biological
- Direction of causality is unclear and cognitive factors are commonly believed to be the result of biological factors
- There is no research to support the cognitive approach
- Yellowlees study
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is social causation hypothesis?
- Being a member of the lowest social class means increased stress levels leaving individuals more vulnerable to sz
- High classes are vulnerable to schizophrenia, due to the stress of keeping up appearances.
- Those who are more wealthy can afford schizophrenia treatments
- Only the poor can have schizophrenia due to their increased stress levels
3. What are the four main psychological explanations of Schizophrenia?
- Cold mothers, Ex lovers, alien abduction and violent personality
- Behavioural, Psychological, Cognition, Society influence
- Behavioural, Psychodynamic, Cognitive, Social and Family Relationships
- Psychological, Stress, Infantile regression, Behavioural
4. What is a flaw of the behaviourist approach to schizophrenia?
- It accepts that all small children are fundamentally evil
- It is insulting to small children who are just different thats all!
- It is oversimplified and ignores all biological evidence!
- It is a badger calling a rabbit mean!
5. Who came up with the behavioural approach?