1. What is the diathesis stress model?
- That schizophrenia is most likely caused by biological factors but triggered by psychological ones.
- That stress causes schizophrenia
- That schizophrenia is caused by psychological factors rather than biological
- Stress leads to biological changes that lead to schizophrenia
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who formulated double bind theory?
- Bateson et al
- Heston et al
3. What is the behavioural explanation for schizophrenia?
- Children behave oddly to gain attention, when they are given attention this reinforces the behaviour until they do not know how to stop
- When Children behave badly.
- Children retreat into their own world due to excessive punishment - Labelled as odd - Conform to label - Achieve identity - others reinforce - becomes exaggerated, frequent leading to sz
- The view that children development schizophrenia because they act in bizarre ways and are avoided by their peer groups, this causes them to be isolated and begin making cognitive errors
4. What is a flaw of the behaviourist approach to schizophrenia?
- Can mental illness be learnt? Surely not
- It presumes adults are the cause of children's mentality
- It labels children as weird
- It is silly
5. In the social and family relationships explanation of psychology, what are schizophrenogenic families?
- Families where all members have schizophrenia
- Families with high emotional tension, cold mothers, ineffectual fathers
- Sibling rivalry, hostile parents, tense atmosphere and stunted emotional growth
- Families with over emotional mothers, ambivalent messages and competing siblings