1. What is social causation hypothesis?
- Only the poor can have schizophrenia due to their increased stress levels
- Being a member of the lowest social class means increased stress levels leaving individuals more vulnerable to sz
- Those who are more wealthy can afford schizophrenia treatments
- High classes are vulnerable to schizophrenia, due to the stress of keeping up appearances.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In the psychodynamic approach, what characters did Freud say schizophrenics show under the dominant Id, while fixed in the oral stage?
- Switching between personalities
- Offensive, childlike, dumb, meek and attention seeking.
- Impulsive, aggressive, selfish, sexual and Irrational
- Overly sexual, otherwordly intelligence, violent aggression
3. What is a flaw of the behaviourist approach to schizophrenia?
- It is silly
- Can mental illness be learnt? Surely not
- It labels children as weird
- It presumes adults are the cause of children's mentality
4. Who came up with the cognitive approach to schizophrenia?
- Bateson et all
5. Who came up with research that supports the behaviourist approach to schizophrenia?
- Ayllon and Azrin - token economy system
- There is no research to support the approach.
- Jaeger and Meister - token reward system
- Ashtak and Aeorta - Token economy