1. What is double bind theory?
- Schizophrenia is a learned response which occurs when children are constantly placed in no win situations, offered conflicting messages (eg. Hug me, grow up)
- Schizophrenia doubly binds a person biologically and psychologically
- Where children are asked to choose between their parents
- Where children are bound by a feeling of duty to their friends and family
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a flaw of the behaviourist approach to schizophrenia?
- It is silly
- Can mental illness be learnt? Surely not
- It labels children as weird
- It presumes adults are the cause of children's mentality
3. What is social causation hypothesis?
- High classes are vulnerable to schizophrenia, due to the stress of keeping up appearances.
- Being a member of the lowest social class means increased stress levels leaving individuals more vulnerable to sz
- Only the poor can have schizophrenia due to their increased stress levels
- Those who are more wealthy can afford schizophrenia treatments
4. What is the diathesis stress model?
- That schizophrenia is caused by psychological factors rather than biological
- That schizophrenia is most likely caused by biological factors but triggered by psychological ones.
- That stress causes schizophrenia
- Stress leads to biological changes that lead to schizophrenia
5. Who came up with the behavioural approach?