1. What are the main sections within social and family relationships?
- Society, Romantic relationships, Family bonding time
- Social causation, double bind theory, Diathesis stress model
- Schizophrenogenic families, Double bind theory, Social causation
- Diathesis stress model, Bad parenting, Double bind theory
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. WHat is the cognitive approach to schizophrenia?
- Bad brain wiring
- Schizophrenics brain cogs do not work together in harmony
- Faulty processing in brain leads to cognitive errors.
- Schizophrenics cognition is limited to an immature, infantile state
3. Who came up with the cognitive approach to schizophrenia?
- Bateson et all
4. In the social and family relationships explanation of psychology, what are schizophrenogenic families?
- Families where all members have schizophrenia
- Families with high emotional tension, cold mothers, ineffectual fathers
- Sibling rivalry, hostile parents, tense atmosphere and stunted emotional growth
- Families with over emotional mothers, ambivalent messages and competing siblings
5. What is double bind theory?
- Schizophrenia is a learned response which occurs when children are constantly placed in no win situations, offered conflicting messages (eg. Hug me, grow up)
- Schizophrenia doubly binds a person biologically and psychologically
- Where children are asked to choose between their parents
- Where children are bound by a feeling of duty to their friends and family