1. Which one of these does the embryo not consist of?
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is pollination?
- The production of CO2 in a plant
- The transfer of pollen from anther to stigma
- The production of an egg cell
- The transfer of pollen from stigma to anther
3. What is a disadvantage of self pollination?
- Variation increases within individuals
- Energy consumption is high as many gametes must be produced
- There's a lack of variation, decreasing the chance of survival
- Favourable gene combinations are retained
4. What type/how many cells are produced when a mother cell undergoes meiosis?
- Microspores - 4
- Endosperms - 3
- Micropyles - 4
- Zygotes - 3
5. What is the function of the generative nucleus?
- Controls growth of the pollen tube
- Divides by meiosis to form egg cells
- Divides by mitosis to form sperm nuclei
- Forms the endosperm