1. Which is NOT an example of why the PoG was a significant threat?
- the rebellion never intended to overthrow monarchy
- entry fines were resolved in favour of the rebels
- geographical scale of unrest
- rebels outnumbered royal forces
- PoG had gentry support
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is NOT an example of why the PoG wasn't a significant threat?
- unrest didn't subside
- dissolution continued
- lack of unity among rebels
- Henry made promises as a tactic to disperse rebels
- rebels were naive and willing to negotiate with King
- Reformation continued
3. What was the main religious cause of the Pilgrimage of Grace?
- Neglect of monks and clergy
- Dissolution of the Monasteries
- Abolition of Holy days
4. Was this a Protestant or Catholic rebellion?
5. Which of the following is NOT an economic cause of the Pilgrimage?
- Poor economic situation in the North
- Exclusion of North from Government
- Entry fines
- Taxes on baptism, burial and marriage
- Statute of Uses