- Created by: Savannah
- Created on: 10-02-13 19:41
1. List the 7 types of electromagnetic radiation in order of increasing wavelengths.
- Gamma Rays, X Rays, Ultraviolet, Visible Light, Infrared, Microwaves, Radio Waves.
- Radiowaves, Microwaves, Infrared, Visible light, Ulraviolet, Xrays, Gamma rays.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What's the main theory fot the origin of the Universe?
- The Big Bang theory
- The Steady State Theory
3. How did herschel discover infrared radiation?
- Herschel discovered IR by measuring the tempreature past the red region that you couldn't see and found out that it was hotter than red.
- Used photographic paper, prism, and sunlight to setup an experiment.
4. Explain how Galileo's observations of jupiter proved the geocentric model wrong?
- It showed that Jupiter had 4 moons orbiting it so clearly not everything was orbiting the Earth
- It didn't.
- The geocentric model is the accepted model.
5. Describe the main features of the Geocentric Model
- Nicolous Copernicus
- Ptolomy, Earth was in the centre, and everything orbitied the earth including the sun and all of the other planets. The earth was stationary. Moon, Sun, Planets and stars moved around the earth in circular orbits.
- Sun was in the centre. Planets moved around the sun in a circular motion.