- Created by: JFifield9
- Created on: 23-02-23 19:18
1. Give the explanation of the quote - "Wherein my time something too prodigal hath left me gaged."
- I was living the high life. I’m in debt to many people
- I have been a poor son to my father
- I want forgiveness from you, Antonio
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. When they thought of the parable of the prodigal son, who would Antonio remind the audience of?
- The forgiving father who celebrates the son's return
- The angry brother, the other son who was careful with money
- The younger son who spent all his money recklessly
3. What is the missing word from Antonio’s famous lines?:
"I hold the world but as the world, Gratiano - A ______, where every man must play a part, and mine a sad one."
4. Antonio is willing to give Bassanio everything to help him: "
My purse, my person, my extremest means lie all unlocked to your occasions."
What technique used here gives a senses of wholeness or completeness?
- Dramatic Irony
5. What extended metaphor does Bassanio use to explain his debts and desire for more money to be lent to him?
- A play upon the stage