1. How does genetic variation arise within a species?
- Independent assortment and crossing over of DNA during meiosis, Mutations, Alleles .
- Mitosis, Mutations and independent assortment.
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a homologous structure?
- An organ or a bone that appers in different organism that demonstrate that they share a common ancestor.
- When different species have similar structures due to them being adapted to similar environments.
- Feautures that evolve in different organisms that have the same function.
- When organisms share similar characterisitcs due to them have a common ancestor.
3. Why are Hybrid's infertile?
- They contain an odd number of chromosomes.
- The foetus fails to develop after fertiliisation.
- They are sexually incompatible.
- The sperm cannot reach the egg.
4. A harmless snake mimicks the colours of a venomous snake. What type of adaptation is this?
5. What is the importance of binomial nomenclature.
- It avoids confusion as each organism has a unique name. It is universally recognised.
- It makes it easier to name organisms. It avoids organisms being mistaken.
- Organisms can be easily identified.