- Created by: Princia_
- Created on: 16-05-18 12:30
1. A harmless snake mimicks the colours of a venomous snake. What type of adaptation is this?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why are Hybrid's infertile?
- They contain an odd number of chromosomes.
- The foetus fails to develop after fertiliisation.
- They are sexually incompatible.
- The sperm cannot reach the egg.
3. How does genetic variation arise within a species?
- Independent assortment and crossing over of DNA during meiosis, Mutations, Alleles .
- Mitosis, Mutations and independent assortment.
4. What is a homologous structure?
- When organisms share similar characterisitcs due to them have a common ancestor.
- When different species have similar structures due to them being adapted to similar environments.
- An organ or a bone that appers in different organism that demonstrate that they share a common ancestor.
- Feautures that evolve in different organisms that have the same function.
5. What is phylogeny?
- The study of the evolutionary relationships between organisms.
- The study of fossil fuels of plants and animals.
- The study of how organisms derived from a common ancestor.