1. What did Milgram conclude?
- We are socialised to be neutral
- We are socialised to disobey
- We are socialised to recognise authority and to react with obedience
- We are socialised to disrespect authority figures
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happened after the roles were assigned?
- They separate
- Both men are shown the equipment then they separate into two rooms
- They sit in the same room to begin
- Naive participant is shown the equipment
3. How were the roles (teacher and learner) given out?
- Through a rigged draw which always assigned the naive participant role of teacher
- Through a rigged draw which always assigned the naive participant role of learner
- Through a draw
- The researcher decided
4. How was obedience measured?
- By how many times the researcher had to encourage the teacher to continue
- By how far up the generator the teacher went
- By how many times the teacher hesitated to shock the learner
- By how many times the teacher refused to obey
5. When the experiment began, what happened?
- The researcher shocks the learner whilst the teacher reads the word list
- The teacher shocks the learner at each correct answer
- The teacher shocks the learner at each wrong answer. The learner frequently complains of pain
- The teacher shocks the learner. The learner is quiet throughout