1. When the experiment began, what happened?
- The teacher shocks the learner at each correct answer
- The teacher shocks the learner. The learner is quiet throughout
- The teacher shocks the learner at each wrong answer. The learner frequently complains of pain
- The researcher shocks the learner whilst the teacher reads the word list
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the results?
- No participants went past 350v
- Every participant continued to at least 300v. 26 (65%) went all the way to 450v
- Every participant shocked all the way to 450v
- Only 2 participants went all the way to 450v
3. How were the roles (teacher and learner) given out?
- The researcher decided
- Through a rigged draw which always assigned the naive participant role of learner
- Through a rigged draw which always assigned the naive participant role of teacher
- Through a draw
4. What is the aim of Milgram's study?
- To see if participants could figure out the experiment was a hoax
- To see how obedient naive participants would be when ordered to shock someone
- To see if participants would shock someone at least once
- To see if partcipants would shock the researcher
5. Which of the following is correct?
- Many participants physically harmed the researcher
- Many participants showed signs of stress during the study, such as sweating and trembling
- Many participants dropped out of the study
- Many participants were psychologically damaged after the study