1. Who developed the theory of cultural capital?
- Karl Marx
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the most important factor in determining educational success?
- Effort and motivation
- Parental background/class background
- Hard work
3. What is correspondence theory?
- Education doesn't correspond to the workplace
- The education system mirrors the workplace
- Education corresponds to the meritocratic system
- Education mirrors the norms and values of society
4. Marxism is said to have a narrow focus as it doesn't look at...
- why working class are more likely to fail at school
- gender and ethnic inequalities
- how the hidden curriculum influences learning
- class inequalities
5. What is habitus?
- Your housing arangements
- Your family life
- The cultural environment that each class inhabits
- The area in which a certain class lives