1. What does the hidden curriculum teach?
- A set of values and habits that are not explicitly taught in lessons
- How to misbehave
- Secrets about the education system
- Capitalist propoganda
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the most important factor in determining educational success?
- Effort and motivation
- Parental background/class background
- Hard work
3. What is correspondence theory?
- Education doesn't correspond to the workplace
- The education system mirrors the workplace
- Education corresponds to the meritocratic system
- Education mirrors the norms and values of society
4. Marxism is said to have a narrow focus as it doesn't look at...
- gender and ethnic inequalities
- class inequalities
- how the hidden curriculum influences learning
- why working class are more likely to fail at school
5. Boudon argues...
- that upper-class kids' cultural position means that they will be much more likely to succeed
- that working class students don't work hard enough
- that there is much greater pressure on middle-class kids to succeed
- that there is much greater pressure on working-class kids to succeed