1. What is the most important factor in determining educational success?
- Effort and motivation
- Parental background/class background
- Hard work
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is cultural capital?
- The ability to learn about other cultures
- The values, knowledge and skills of all the classes
- The values, knowledge and skills of the ruling class
- How educated you are on other cultures
3. Marxism is said to have a narrow focus as it doesn't look at...
- gender and ethnic inequalities
- class inequalities
- how the hidden curriculum influences learning
- why working class are more likely to fail at school
4. Which sociologist(s) developed the idea of correspondence theory
- Bowles and Gintis
- Davis and Moore
5. Boudon argues...
- that upper-class kids' cultural position means that they will be much more likely to succeed
- that working class students don't work hard enough
- that there is much greater pressure on middle-class kids to succeed
- that there is much greater pressure on working-class kids to succeed