1. Boudon argues...
- that there is much greater pressure on working-class kids to succeed
- that upper-class kids' cultural position means that they will be much more likely to succeed
- that there is much greater pressure on middle-class kids to succeed
- that working class students don't work hard enough
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is habitus?
- Your family life
- The cultural environment that each class inhabits
- Your housing arangements
- The area in which a certain class lives
3. What is the most important factor in determining educational success?
- Parental background/class background
- Hard work
- Effort and motivation
4. Marxism is said to have a narrow focus as it doesn't look at...
- gender and ethnic inequalities
- why working class are more likely to fail at school
- class inequalities
- how the hidden curriculum influences learning
5. Which sociologist(s) developed the idea of correspondence theory
- Bowles and Gintis
- Davis and Moore