1. Marxism is said to have a narrow focus as it doesn't look at...
- why working class are more likely to fail at school
- gender and ethnic inequalities
- how the hidden curriculum influences learning
- class inequalities
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is cultural capital?
- The values, knowledge and skills of the ruling class
- The ability to learn about other cultures
- The values, knowledge and skills of all the classes
- How educated you are on other cultures
3. Boudon argues...
- that there is much greater pressure on working-class kids to succeed
- that there is much greater pressure on middle-class kids to succeed
- that working class students don't work hard enough
- that upper-class kids' cultural position means that they will be much more likely to succeed
4. What does the hidden curriculum teach?
- Secrets about the education system
- A set of values and habits that are not explicitly taught in lessons
- How to misbehave
- Capitalist propoganda
5. What is rewarded at school?
- Passive and dependent thinking
- Critical thinking
- Aggressive thinking
- Unique and creative thinking