1. What is habitus?
- Your family life
- The cultural environment that each class inhabits
- Your housing arangements
- The area in which a certain class lives
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who developed the theory of cultural capital?
- Karl Marx
3. What does the hidden curriculum teach?
- Capitalist propoganda
- How to misbehave
- A set of values and habits that are not explicitly taught in lessons
- Secrets about the education system
4. What is correspondence theory?
- Education mirrors the norms and values of society
- Education corresponds to the meritocratic system
- The education system mirrors the workplace
- Education doesn't correspond to the workplace
5. Marxism is said to have a narrow focus as it doesn't look at...
- why working class are more likely to fail at school
- class inequalities
- gender and ethnic inequalities
- how the hidden curriculum influences learning