1. What is the most important factor in determining educational success?
- Parental background/class background
- Effort and motivation
- Hard work
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Marxism is said to have a narrow focus as it doesn't look at...
- why working class are more likely to fail at school
- class inequalities
- gender and ethnic inequalities
- how the hidden curriculum influences learning
3. Which sociologist(s) developed the idea of correspondence theory
- Bowles and Gintis
- Davis and Moore
4. What is cultural capital?
- The values, knowledge and skills of the ruling class
- The ability to learn about other cultures
- The values, knowledge and skills of all the classes
- How educated you are on other cultures
5. Who developed the theory of cultural capital?
- Karl Marx