1. Which sociologist(s) developed the idea of correspondence theory
- Davis and Moore
- Bowles and Gintis
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Boudon argues...
- that there is much greater pressure on working-class kids to succeed
- that upper-class kids' cultural position means that they will be much more likely to succeed
- that there is much greater pressure on middle-class kids to succeed
- that working class students don't work hard enough
3. What is the most important factor in determining educational success?
- Parental background/class background
- Effort and motivation
- Hard work
4. What is habitus?
- Your family life
- The cultural environment that each class inhabits
- Your housing arangements
- The area in which a certain class lives
5. What is correspondence theory?
- Education doesn't correspond to the workplace
- Education mirrors the norms and values of society
- The education system mirrors the workplace
- Education corresponds to the meritocratic system