1. Why were bank robberies common?
- Men gained honour with their peers
- People had no money to survive
- Men had no job after the war
- Claim-jumpers couldn't find gold
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What famously did Belle Starr do?
- First woman to be charged with horse theft
- First woman to be charged with murder
- First woman to be charged with cattle rustling
- First woman to be charged with bank robberies
3. What did Pinkerton Detective Agents do?
- Secretly kill hostile Indians
- Provide protection to wealthy individuals
- Track down robbers and thieves and provide general advice
- Spy on men they suspected to be breaking the law
4. What was claim-jumping?
- Taking land from homesteaders
- Jumping on other peoples horses
- Stealing gold mines for other miners
- Stealing houses
5. What happened to thieves if they were caught stealing horses?
- Put in prison
- Chases out of town