1. What famously did Belle Starr do?
- First woman to be charged with bank robberies
- First woman to be charged with murder
- First woman to be charged with horse theft
- First woman to be charged with cattle rustling
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why were bank robberies common?
- Men had no job after the war
- People had no money to survive
- Claim-jumpers couldn't find gold
- Men gained honour with their peers
3. What was the job of a town marshal?
- Deal with local outbreaks of lawlessness
- Be a deputy to US marshals
- Force local people to stop lawlessness
- Watch over towns
4. How did the tension between homesteaders and cattlemen start before the Johnson Count War?
- Homesteaders fenced off cattlemens land
- Suspected cattle rustling
- Ella Watson was found with rustled cattle
- The Northern Stock Growers Association was set up
5. Which gangster famously formed gangs to rob stagecoaches, trains and banks?
- Henry McCarty
- William Tilghman
- Jesse James
- Billy the Kid