1. How did the tension between homesteaders and cattlemen start before the Johnson Count War?
- Suspected cattle rustling
- Homesteaders fenced off cattlemens land
- The Northern Stock Growers Association was set up
- Ella Watson was found with rustled cattle
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who were appointed by the President to be responsible for the state or territory?
- US marshals
- Deputy marshals
- Town marshals
3. What happened to suspected criminals as soon as they had been found?
- Run out of town
- Left to commit more crimes so they could later be shot
- Thrown into gaol
4. What happened to thieves if they were caught stealing horses?
- Chases out of town
- Put in prison
5. How many men do historians predict were murdered a year?