1. What is Elision?
- The addition of a comma to join two words
- The removal of a vowel or syllable
- The removal of a vowel
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is syntax?
- An ill phrased sentence
- The arrangement of words in a sentence or phrase
- A well phrased sentence
3. What is meant by Satire?
- To take on a negative outlook
- The use of irony, exaggeration or ridicule to expose and criticise someone
- To look down upon another person
4. What is Blank Verse?
- Verse without rhyme
- Verse without rhythem
- Verse that uses no iambic pentameter
5. What's an Allegory?
- A poem/picture that reveals a hidden meaning
- A poem/picture that reveals love
- A poem/picture that interprets one thing as another
Similar English Literature resources: