1. What are Conceits?
- Metaphors that express specific meanings
- Elaborate Metaphors
- A deeper meaning within a text
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is syntax?
- The arrangement of words in a sentence or phrase
- A well phrased sentence
- An ill phrased sentence
3. What is a hyperbole?
- Exaggeration of a statement
- A type of alliteration
- The use of punctuation
4. What is meant by Satire?
- The use of irony, exaggeration or ridicule to expose and criticise someone
- To look down upon another person
- To take on a negative outlook
5. What is meant by free verse?
- A poem without regular rhyme or rhythem
- A poem written as a stream of consciousness
Similar English Literature resources: