1. What is the standard of proof needed in civil cases?
- Beyond all logic
- On the balance of justice
- On the balance of probabilities
- Beyond reasonable doubt
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who starts a civil case?
- The State
- The defendant
- The individual whose rights have been affected
- The CPS
3. What is the purpose of civil law?
- To protect society
- To uphold individual's rights and compensate individual
- To compensate individual
- To uphold individual's rights
4. What sort of names would you see in civil cases?
- Jones v Smith; XYZ Company Ltd
- R v Smith; XYZ Company Ltd
- R v Smith; DPP v Smith
- Jones v Smith; R v Smith
5. What is the legal name for the person starting a civil case?