1. What sort of names would you see in civil cases?
- R v Smith; DPP v Smith
- Jones v Smith; R v Smith
- Jones v Smith; XYZ Company Ltd
- R v Smith; XYZ Company Ltd
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What courts hear civil cases?
- Magistrates' Court or County Court
- County Court or High Court
- High Court or Magistrates' Court
- County Court or Crown Court
3. Who makes the decisions in civil cases?
- Judges, very rarely juries
- Lay Magistrates
- Judges and juries
4. Who starts a civil case?
- The State
- The defendant
- The individual whose rights have been affected
- The CPS
5. What is the purpose of civil law?
- To compensate individual
- To uphold individual's rights and compensate individual
- To uphold individual's rights
- To protect society