1. What is the standard of proof needed in civil cases?
- Beyond all logic
- On the balance of justice
- On the balance of probabilities
- Beyond reasonable doubt
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the legal name for the person starting a civil case?
3. What are the powers of civil courts?
- Award of damages (money); injunction
- Award of damages (money)
4. What sort of names would you see in civil cases?
- Jones v Smith; R v Smith
- Jones v Smith; XYZ Company Ltd
- R v Smith; DPP v Smith
- R v Smith; XYZ Company Ltd
5. Who starts a civil case?
- The individual whose rights have been affected
- The CPS
- The State
- The defendant