1. Who starts a civil case?
- The State
- The defendant
- The individual whose rights have been affected
- The CPS
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the standard of proof needed in civil cases?
- On the balance of probabilities
- Beyond reasonable doubt
- Beyond all logic
- On the balance of justice
3. What decisions are made in civil cases?
- Claimant wins or loses case; defendant may be liable to pay compensation
- Claimant wins or loses case; defendant is never liable
- Defendant is guilty or not guilty
- Defendant is liable or not liable
4. What is the purpose of civil law?
- To compensate individual
- To protect society
- To uphold individual's rights and compensate individual
- To uphold individual's rights
5. What is the legal name for the person starting a civil case?