1. What is the legal name for the person starting a civil case?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What sort of names would you see in civil cases?
- Jones v Smith; XYZ Company Ltd
- Jones v Smith; R v Smith
- R v Smith; XYZ Company Ltd
- R v Smith; DPP v Smith
3. What decisions are made in civil cases?
- Defendant is guilty or not guilty
- Defendant is liable or not liable
- Claimant wins or loses case; defendant may be liable to pay compensation
- Claimant wins or loses case; defendant is never liable
4. What courts hear civil cases?
- High Court or Magistrates' Court
- Magistrates' Court or County Court
- County Court or High Court
- County Court or Crown Court
5. What are the powers of civil courts?
- Award of damages (money); injunction
- Award of damages (money)