1. What is the legal name for the person starting a civil case?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What courts hear civil cases?
- High Court or Magistrates' Court
- County Court or High Court
- County Court or Crown Court
- Magistrates' Court or County Court
3. What decisions are made in civil cases?
- Defendant is liable or not liable
- Claimant wins or loses case; defendant is never liable
- Claimant wins or loses case; defendant may be liable to pay compensation
- Defendant is guilty or not guilty
4. Who makes the decisions in civil cases?
- Lay Magistrates
- Judges, very rarely juries
- Judges and juries
5. What are the powers of civil courts?
- Award of damages (money); injunction
- Award of damages (money)