1. What are the powers of civil courts?
- Award of damages (money)
- Award of damages (money); injunction
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who starts a civil case?
- The individual whose rights have been affected
- The defendant
- The CPS
- The State
3. What sort of names would you see in civil cases?
- R v Smith; DPP v Smith
- Jones v Smith; XYZ Company Ltd
- R v Smith; XYZ Company Ltd
- Jones v Smith; R v Smith
4. What is the purpose of a civil trial?
- To get justice
- To compensate individual
- To decide if there is a breach of rights
- To punish offenders
5. What is the legal name for the person starting a civil case?