1. What sort of names would you see in civil cases?
- Jones v Smith; XYZ Company Ltd
- R v Smith; XYZ Company Ltd
- R v Smith; DPP v Smith
- Jones v Smith; R v Smith
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who starts a civil case?
- The State
- The individual whose rights have been affected
- The CPS
- The defendant
3. What are the powers of civil courts?
- Award of damages (money)
- Award of damages (money); injunction
4. What is the purpose of civil law?
- To compensate individual
- To protect society
- To uphold individual's rights and compensate individual
- To uphold individual's rights
5. What decisions are made in civil cases?
- Defendant is liable or not liable
- Claimant wins or loses case; defendant may be liable to pay compensation
- Defendant is guilty or not guilty
- Claimant wins or loses case; defendant is never liable