1. What courts hear civil cases?
- High Court or Magistrates' Court
- Magistrates' Court or County Court
- County Court or High Court
- County Court or Crown Court
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who starts a civil case?
- The individual whose rights have been affected
- The CPS
- The State
- The defendant
3. What is the standard of proof needed in civil cases?
- On the balance of justice
- On the balance of probabilities
- Beyond all logic
- Beyond reasonable doubt
4. What decisions are made in civil cases?
- Defendant is guilty or not guilty
- Claimant wins or loses case; defendant may be liable to pay compensation
- Claimant wins or loses case; defendant is never liable
- Defendant is liable or not liable
5. What are the powers of civil courts?
- Award of damages (money); injunction
- Award of damages (money)