1. 10 The dissolved constituents chloride, sodium, sulphate, magnesium, calcium and potassium account for what per cent (%) of the dissolved constituents in seawater?
- Greater than 95%
- Greater than 80%
- Greater than 99%
- Greater than 90%
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which one of these does NOT display bio-limiting behaviour
- Dissolved inorganic Carbon
3. Which one of these is NOT a macronutrient
4. What is the definition of remineralisation?
- The uptake of nutrients and other dissolved materials by phytoplankton.
- The transfer of matter as a result of molecular motion.
- The dissolution of "hard parts" (opal, calcite) or the oxidation (breakdown) of "soft part" (organic matter) that leads to the solubilisation of nutrients
- Formation of solids from dissolved materials
5. What is decribed by "The process a plant uses to combine sunlight, water, and carbon dioxide to produce oxygen and sugar (energy)".
- Primary production