1. What is an exogenous biological rhythm?
- Generated by the internal environment, requires a pacemaker
- Generated by the external environment
- Generated by the external environment, requires a pacemaker
- Generated by the internal environment
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do clock genes switch off transcription?
- Accumulate in suprachiasmatic nucleus neurones.
- Stop in light
- Trigger negative feedback response
- Cause the release of an inhibitor
3. Hormone response is proportional to the number of ... it binds to.
4. Light activates photoreceptors in which part of the body to activate clock genes?
5. What is a trophic hormone?
- Regulates secretion/production of another hormone in a gland
- Has an indirect effect on a target organ
- Has a direct effect on a target organ
- Regulates secretion/production of itself