1. Which of these isn't true about the endocrine system?
- Action on a close target
- Secretion into blood
- Sense internal change
- Respond by acting on other body systems
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do clock genes switch off transcription?
- Trigger negative feedback response
- Cause the release of an inhibitor
- Accumulate in suprachiasmatic nucleus neurones.
- Stop in light
3. What is a Non-trophic hormone?
- Has a direct effect on a target organ
- Has an indirect effect on a target organ
- Regulates secretion/production of another hormone in a gland
- Regulates secretion/production of itself
4. The nervous system is .... and activates the ... system. The endocrine system is ... to respond and responds to ...
- slow, gastric, fast, positive feedback
- fast, endocrine, slow, positive feedback
- fast, endocrine, slow, negative feedback
- slow, gastric, fast, negative feedback
5. Which of these are water soluble?
- Ones free in blood
- All of the above
- Some amines