1. R v White created which test?
- The 'substantial and operating cause' test for legal causation.
- The test for medical Novus Actus Interveniens.
- The 'but for' test for factual causation.
- The 'reasonable foresight' test for legal causation.
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the Mens Rea for murder?
- Intention to kill
- Intention to kill or cause GBH with malice aforethought
- The killing of a human being with malice aforethought
- Intention to kill or cause GBH
3. Which of the following is an escape case?
- DPP v Newbury Jones
- R v Corbett
- R v Jones
- R v Ball
4. In the test for oblique intent, what is the second part?
- The defendant must be aware that death or GBH was virtually certain to occur.
- The jury must feel virtually certain that death or GBH would occur.
- The defendant doesn't have to foresee that the victim would die.
- The defendant doesn't have to foresee any harm at all.
5. Which Judge said the definition of murder?
- Lord Coke
- Lord Salmon
- Waller LJ
- Lord Lane CJ