1. What did the 1875 Public Health act do?
- Nothing. It didn't exist. There was only one public health act, established in 1848.
- Set up work houses to feed young children who couldn't afford to eat.
- Brought together a range of acts covering sewage and drains, water supply, housing and disease
- Created the Central Board of Health
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who was John Hunter? (Renaissance)
- A famous surgeon and anatomist
- The person who discovered that blood was pumped around the body in a circular motion
- A famous Physician
- The person who discovered the use of chloroform
3. Medieval people mostly thought _________ made them ill
- the Four Humours
4. Louis Pasteur and Robert Koch discovered/ developed _______________
- germ theory
- the use of anesthetics
- an anti-diptheria serum
5. The Four Humours theory was a theory...
- which stated that they needed to be unbalanced in order to create a healthy body
- that stated they caused diseases
- which stated that they needed to be balanced in order to create a healthy body
- which stated that they needed to be eliminated in order to remain healthy
Similar History resources: