- Created by: amy_clara
- Created on: 02-04-18 16:09
1. What did the 1875 Public Health act do?
- Nothing. It didn't exist. There was only one public health act, established in 1848.
- Brought together a range of acts covering sewage and drains, water supply, housing and disease
- Created the Central Board of Health
- Set up work houses to feed young children who couldn't afford to eat.
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. How did monasteries help?
- They acted as a hospital and were always open for the sick
- They were always open for prayer to help those who were ill
- They used chants to remove evil spirits from those suffering
- They didn't.
3. The Four Humours theory was a theory...
- which stated that they needed to be unbalanced in order to create a healthy body
- which stated that they needed to be balanced in order to create a healthy body
- which stated that they needed to be eliminated in order to remain healthy
- that stated they caused diseases
4. Medieval people mostly thought _________ made them ill
- the Four Humours
5. What caused the Black Death?
- Bad smells, from an overflowing privy or rotten food
- Rodents with fleas that carried bacteria
- God being angry with his people
Similar History resources: