- Created by: amy_clara
- Created on: 02-04-18 16:09
1. Louis Pasteur and Robert Koch discovered/ developed _______________
- germ theory
- the use of anesthetics
- an anti-diptheria serum
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the 1875 Public Health act do?
- Nothing. It didn't exist. There was only one public health act, established in 1848.
- Brought together a range of acts covering sewage and drains, water supply, housing and disease
- Created the Central Board of Health
- Set up work houses to feed young children who couldn't afford to eat.
3. Medieval people mostly thought _________ made them ill
- the Four Humours
4. Who was John Hunter? (Renaissance)
- The person who discovered the use of chloroform
- A famous surgeon and anatomist
- A famous Physician
- The person who discovered that blood was pumped around the body in a circular motion
5. How did monasteries help?
- They didn't.
- They acted as a hospital and were always open for the sick
- They used chants to remove evil spirits from those suffering
- They were always open for prayer to help those who were ill
Similar History resources: