1. Which best describes the New Economic policy introduced in 1920?
- Stalin abolished it in 1928 as part of the Great Turn
- Lenin overturned War Communism and introduced a mixed economy
- the nep men introduced free trade
- There was forced labour supression of trade unions
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the May Laws?
- Laws ensuring that the Tsar was thought of as a God on earth by the peasants
- Laws enshringing rights of monarchy
- Laws passed by Pobedonostsev imposing Jewish Pale 1882
- Laws passed by Dumas after 1906
3. 25% of Russian industry was in the hands of foreign owners in1890 and by 1914 this had increased to 40%
4. Which of the following should not be included in the lessons Lenin learned after the 1905 revolution?
- Fatal split between liberals and democrats
- Armed forces proved to be loyal
- The political freedoms introduced in 1905 such as newspapers and growth of public institutions
- Oppositions movements separated (workers, peasants armed forces)
5. Which best describes the Kornilov affair?
- Lenin thought the provisional government had been captured by military dictatorship
- Kerensky became isolated after misleading Kornilov into believing Petrograd was to be overtaken by force
- Kornilov and Kerensky were in conflict over how to save the provional government
- Neither peace nor social change could be achieved thru the compromise with bourgeois