1. Which best describes the New Economic policy introduced in 1920?
- Stalin abolished it in 1928 as part of the Great Turn
- Lenin overturned War Communism and introduced a mixed economy
- the nep men introduced free trade
- There was forced labour supression of trade unions
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Lenin mean when he spoke of the "prison of the peoples"?
- National movements formed a central part of revolution
- The Tsar's motto of Autocracy, Orthodoxy and Nationality subordinated non-russian peoples to cultural domination
- He was against Witte's comment, "the Jews are too oppressed".
- Socialist parties in Finland, Poland and the Baltic were grounds for persecution
3. Which answer best explains why the army turned into a revolutionary mob in 1917?
- Moral discipline weakened as conditions at front worsened.
- There was a lack of clear command structure in the army.
- Commanders were appointed on account of loyalty to the courts.
- Commanders had better food and conditions in the trenches than the officer class.
4. 25% of Russian industry was in the hands of foreign owners in1890 and by 1914 this had increased to 40%
5. What were the May Laws?
- Laws passed by Pobedonostsev imposing Jewish Pale 1882
- Laws enshringing rights of monarchy
- Laws passed by Dumas after 1906
- Laws ensuring that the Tsar was thought of as a God on earth by the peasants