1. What was article 87 of the Fundamental Laws?
- It was the article which dissolved the Dumas on July 7 1906
- Nicholas II was Commander of Armed Forces and the Ministry of the Interior was beyond control of police
- A loophole to bypass parliamentry opposition
- An article which split the state Duma in February 1906
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following should not be included in the lessons Lenin learned after the 1905 revolution?
- The political freedoms introduced in 1905 such as newspapers and growth of public institutions
- Armed forces proved to be loyal
- Oppositions movements separated (workers, peasants armed forces)
- Fatal split between liberals and democrats
3. Which answer best explains why the army turned into a revolutionary mob in 1917?
- Moral discipline weakened as conditions at front worsened.
- There was a lack of clear command structure in the army.
- Commanders were appointed on account of loyalty to the courts.
- Commanders had better food and conditions in the trenches than the officer class.
4. Why did household size in central Russia decline from 9.5 to 6.8 in numbers between 1861-4?
- Industrialisation and improved education
- peasants believed in sacred link between labour and land
- Average life expectancy was only until aged 35 years
- Peasants did not own allottments because of restricted mobility until 1906
5. What was trade of 'bagging'?
- bags of industrial materials made into axes and ploughs for sale
- sale of household goods from cities in exchange for bags of food
- Reclamation and control of bags of food supply
- State monopoly of food supply