1. Which was not a sign of Bolshevism in retreat
- 10th Party Congress introduction of ban on factions
- 1921 Kronstadt Rebellion
- The Tambov Revolt 1920-1
- 1921 strikes in Moscow
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the May Laws?
- Laws passed by Pobedonostsev imposing Jewish Pale 1882
- Laws passed by Dumas after 1906
- Laws ensuring that the Tsar was thought of as a God on earth by the peasants
- Laws enshringing rights of monarchy
3. What caused the disagreement at 2nd Party Congress in London (had to move from Brussels due to police harassment) in 1903?
- Lenin and Martov disagreed on the article of the statute about party membership
- The fact that Lenin began to write the Socialist newspaper called the Spark
- There was no real Menshevik Leader
- The meaning of the words Bolshevik (majority) and Menshevik (minority)
4. What did Lenin mean when he spoke of the "prison of the peoples"?
- He was against Witte's comment, "the Jews are too oppressed".
- Socialist parties in Finland, Poland and the Baltic were grounds for persecution
- National movements formed a central part of revolution
- The Tsar's motto of Autocracy, Orthodoxy and Nationality subordinated non-russian peoples to cultural domination
5. Who favoured the 1905 October Manifesto?
- The Black Hundreds
- Conservative liberals, Octoberists, Kadets
- The Socialist Revolutionaries
- The Police and Okhrana
Similar History resources: