1. Which of the following should not be included in the lessons Lenin learned after the 1905 revolution?
- Armed forces proved to be loyal
- Oppositions movements separated (workers, peasants armed forces)
- The political freedoms introduced in 1905 such as newspapers and growth of public institutions
- Fatal split between liberals and democrats
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. When did Lenin declare the 'policy of looting the looters'?
- March 1918
- Jan 1918
- Nov 1917
- Jun 1918
3. 25% of Russian industry was in the hands of foreign owners in1890 and by 1914 this had increased to 40%
4. Which answer best explains why the army turned into a revolutionary mob in 1917?
- Commanders were appointed on account of loyalty to the courts.
- Commanders had better food and conditions in the trenches than the officer class.
- Moral discipline weakened as conditions at front worsened.
- There was a lack of clear command structure in the army.
5. What did Lenin mean when he spoke of the "prison of the peoples"?
- Socialist parties in Finland, Poland and the Baltic were grounds for persecution
- The Tsar's motto of Autocracy, Orthodoxy and Nationality subordinated non-russian peoples to cultural domination
- National movements formed a central part of revolution
- He was against Witte's comment, "the Jews are too oppressed".
Similar History resources: