1. What was the first effort of War communism which began in 1918?
- Industry came under State control in Decree of Sovnarkom
- Grain monopoly
- Lenin's order of death to kulaks via food brigades
- Stalin's aim to abolish all private trade
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following should not be included in the lessons Lenin learned after the 1905 revolution?
- Fatal split between liberals and democrats
- The political freedoms introduced in 1905 such as newspapers and growth of public institutions
- Oppositions movements separated (workers, peasants armed forces)
- Armed forces proved to be loyal
3. Which of the following changes were not encompassed in the Russian Great Reforms?
- 1865 new laws on censorship
- 1863 Universites and primary schools reformed
- 1864 Peasants were removed from Customary Law
- 1864 Zemstvos elected assemblies of local government dominated by gentry
4. Which answer best explains why the army turned into a revolutionary mob in 1917?
- Commanders were appointed on account of loyalty to the courts.
- Commanders had better food and conditions in the trenches than the officer class.
- Moral discipline weakened as conditions at front worsened.
- There was a lack of clear command structure in the army.
5. Which best describes the New Economic policy introduced in 1920?
- Stalin abolished it in 1928 as part of the Great Turn
- Lenin overturned War Communism and introduced a mixed economy
- the nep men introduced free trade
- There was forced labour supression of trade unions