1. The Smolny autocrats in 1917 did not permit which of the following:
- The formation of the Cheka
- The abolition of the Constituent Assembly
- The Declaration of the Rights of Nations
- Politcal Elections
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which best describes the New Economic policy introduced in 1920?
- Lenin overturned War Communism and introduced a mixed economy
- There was forced labour supression of trade unions
- the nep men introduced free trade
- Stalin abolished it in 1928 as part of the Great Turn
3. The Lena River Massacre of 1912 was illustrative because
- it showed the political divisions behind the dissolution of the Duma system in 1911.
- ...the Workers movements had been revived.
- politcal unrest had not been brought to an end after 1906.
- ...more protests and strikes followed afterwards.
4. What did Lenin mean when he spoke of the "prison of the peoples"?
- Socialist parties in Finland, Poland and the Baltic were grounds for persecution
- National movements formed a central part of revolution
- He was against Witte's comment, "the Jews are too oppressed".
- The Tsar's motto of Autocracy, Orthodoxy and Nationality subordinated non-russian peoples to cultural domination
5. Which answer best explains why the army turned into a revolutionary mob in 1917?
- Commanders had better food and conditions in the trenches than the officer class.
- Moral discipline weakened as conditions at front worsened.
- Commanders were appointed on account of loyalty to the courts.
- There was a lack of clear command structure in the army.