1. Why is aluminium so useful?
- It resists corrosion and is very light
- Very strong
- can be used to make cars
- very cheap and there is lots of it
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does aluminium not corrode easily?
- it isnt reactive so doesnt react to form rust etc
- Has a protective layer of aluminium oxide
- it is strong
3. What properties does aluminium have?
- very strong
- all of the above
- Low density, excellent conductor, of electricity, easily shaped, resists corrosion
- corrodes easily
4. Why can Aluminium not be displaced by carbon
- aluminium is too strong
- aluminium is less reactive than carbon
- Aluminium is more reactive than carbon
- aluminium is an expensive metal
5. Why does it cost so much to extract aluminium?
- Very expensive- lots of heat and electricty is needed
- Very rare
- It is worth a lot of money
- Have to pay the people to extract the metal