1. How do we extract aluminium?
- Dig up its ore from the crusts of the earth
- Using electrolysis
- Displace it using carbon
- strongy heat it in a blast furnace
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What properties does aluminium have?
- Low density, excellent conductor, of electricity, easily shaped, resists corrosion
- very strong
- all of the above
- corrodes easily
3. Why is aluminium so useful?
- It resists corrosion and is very light
- Very strong
- can be used to make cars
- very cheap and there is lots of it
4. Why does it cost so much to extract aluminium?
- Very rare
- It is worth a lot of money
- Very expensive- lots of heat and electricty is needed
- Have to pay the people to extract the metal
5. Why can Aluminium not be displaced by carbon
- aluminium is an expensive metal
- aluminium is too strong
- Aluminium is more reactive than carbon
- aluminium is less reactive than carbon