1. Why is aluminium so useful?
- It resists corrosion and is very light
- very cheap and there is lots of it
- Very strong
- can be used to make cars
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does it cost so much to extract aluminium?
- Very rare
- It is worth a lot of money
- Very expensive- lots of heat and electricty is needed
- Have to pay the people to extract the metal
3. What properties does aluminium have?
- all of the above
- very strong
- Low density, excellent conductor, of electricity, easily shaped, resists corrosion
- corrodes easily
4. Why does aluminium not corrode easily?
- it is strong
- Has a protective layer of aluminium oxide
- it isnt reactive so doesnt react to form rust etc
5. Why can Aluminium not be displaced by carbon
- aluminium is too strong
- Aluminium is more reactive than carbon
- aluminium is an expensive metal
- aluminium is less reactive than carbon