1. Who suggests that Agamemnon should make friends with Achilles after their argument?
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does Achilles respond to Agamemnon's peace offering?
- He accepts it on the condition that Agamemnon is killed.
- He rejects it and refuses to return to war.
- He rejects it but agrees to go to war if Agamemnon is killed.
- He accepts it but still refuses to go to war.
3. Why does Diomedes encourage the Greek army to stay and fight like himself?
- He knows that if the Greeks retreat they will be slaughtered.
- He knows Agamemnon wants to form a truce with the Trojans.
- He knows that Troy is destined to fall.
- He knows that destiny dictates that Helen will be returned.
4. What is Achilles doing when Agamemnon's men find him?
- Playing a lyre with Patroclus.
- Cleaning his chariot alone.
- Throwing a hammer with Nestor.
- Building wheels with Ajax.
5. Why are the Greeks sad in Book 9?
- The Trojan army have the support of Athene.
- The Trojan army have taken Agamemnon.
- The Trojan army is about to attack the camp.
- The Trojan army have taken Menelaus.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: