1. What is Achilles doing when Agamemnon's men find him?
- Building wheels with Ajax.
- Cleaning his chariot alone.
- Playing a lyre with Patroclus.
- Throwing a hammer with Nestor.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Phoenix tell Achilles when he hears Achilles' plans?
- A legend about Achilles' mother Thetis when she killed a sea monster to protect him.
- A rumour about Hector planning an invasion of Greece.
- A story about the importance of listening to friends in need.
- A story about the importance of fighting for a cause you believe in.
3. What does Agamemnon offer Achilles as a peace offering?
- Hector's heart.
- Menelaus' daughter.
- Many gifts.
4. Why are the Greeks sad in Book 9?
- The Trojan army have taken Menelaus.
- The Trojan army is about to attack the camp.
- The Trojan army have taken Agamemnon.
- The Trojan army have the support of Athene.
5. Why does Diomedes encourage the Greek army to stay and fight like himself?
- He knows Agamemnon wants to form a truce with the Trojans.
- He knows that Troy is destined to fall.
- He knows that if the Greeks retreat they will be slaughtered.
- He knows that destiny dictates that Helen will be returned.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: