1. What does Achilles say his intentions are when Agamemnon's men find him?
- To go home and live a long but inglorious life.
- To go to Ilium and to reclaim Helen for his own.
- To slaughter Agamemnon's family before returning to Pthia.
- To slaughter Hector's family before returning to Argos.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who does Agamemnon send to make peace with Achilles?
- Patroclus, Ajax and Nestor.
- Ajax, Odysseus and Phoenix.
- Trygaeus, Ajax and Nestor.
- Phoenix, Odysseus and Menelaus.
3. What is Achilles doing when Agamemnon's men find him?
- Cleaning his chariot alone.
- Playing a lyre with Patroclus.
- Building wheels with Ajax.
- Throwing a hammer with Nestor.
4. How does Achilles respond to Agamemnon's peace offering?
- He accepts it on the condition that Agamemnon is killed.
- He accepts it but still refuses to go to war.
- He rejects it and refuses to return to war.
- He rejects it but agrees to go to war if Agamemnon is killed.
5. Who suggests that Agamemnon should make friends with Achilles after their argument?
Similar Classical Civilization resources: