1. How does Achilles respond to Agamemnon's peace offering?
- He accepts it on the condition that Agamemnon is killed.
- He accepts it but still refuses to go to war.
- He rejects it and refuses to return to war.
- He rejects it but agrees to go to war if Agamemnon is killed.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Agamemnon offer Achilles as a peace offering?
- Hector's heart.
- Many gifts.
- Menelaus' daughter.
3. Why are the Greeks sad in Book 9?
- The Trojan army have the support of Athene.
- The Trojan army is about to attack the camp.
- The Trojan army have taken Menelaus.
- The Trojan army have taken Agamemnon.
4. Why does Diomedes encourage the Greek army to stay and fight like himself?
- He knows that if the Greeks retreat they will be slaughtered.
- He knows that Troy is destined to fall.
- He knows that destiny dictates that Helen will be returned.
- He knows Agamemnon wants to form a truce with the Trojans.
5. What does Agamemnon propose doing when he realises the Greek army is failing?
- Returning to Greece.
- Offering a truce to the Trojan army.
- ********* the Trojan army of their weapons.
- Kidnapping Helen before retreating.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: