- Created by: IzzyDaymond
- Created on: 30-05-15 15:24
1. Who does Agamemnon send to make peace with Achilles?
- Trygaeus, Ajax and Nestor.
- Patroclus, Ajax and Nestor.
- Ajax, Odysseus and Phoenix.
- Phoenix, Odysseus and Menelaus.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Achilles say his intentions are when Agamemnon's men find him?
- To go home and live a long but inglorious life.
- To go to Ilium and to reclaim Helen for his own.
- To slaughter Agamemnon's family before returning to Pthia.
- To slaughter Hector's family before returning to Argos.
3. What is Achilles doing when Agamemnon's men find him?
- Cleaning his chariot alone.
- Playing a lyre with Patroclus.
- Building wheels with Ajax.
- Throwing a hammer with Nestor.
4. What does Phoenix tell Achilles when he hears Achilles' plans?
- A legend about Achilles' mother Thetis when she killed a sea monster to protect him.
- A rumour about Hector planning an invasion of Greece.
- A story about the importance of listening to friends in need.
- A story about the importance of fighting for a cause you believe in.
5. Why are the Greeks sad in Book 9?
- The Trojan army is about to attack the camp.
- The Trojan army have taken Agamemnon.
- The Trojan army have taken Menelaus.
- The Trojan army have the support of Athene.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: