1. What did Jonathan Swift want?
- To put a stop to all language change
- A return to Shakespearean language and to protect and purify the language
- A return to middle english because it was more appropriate
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What date was Middle English?
3. What did Eve Clark say children based overextension on?
- The language of their caregivers
- Physical qualities, the senses and experiences
- purely the environment
4. When was Johnson's dictionary of the English language published?
5. When was the Norman Invasion?
Similar English Language resources: