1. Why did Kessler 1993 state that women are more likely to get depressed?
- likely to seek help, in more abusive relationships, contraception
- genetics and brain developments
- live in poverty and are single mothers
- achieve lower attainment educationally and face fewer salary opportunities
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Kuebli 1995 find?
- Girls are encouraged by their parents to express their feelings
- Parental co-rumination is associated with emmeshed relationships and emotional distress
- Young boys are told to suppress their feelings
- Women are more vigilant due to exposure to more negative, uncontrolled life events
3. Where does distraction activate to cause positive mood?
- anterior right hemisphere
- anterior left hemisphere
- prefrontal left hemisphere
- prefrontal cortex
4. who supported the findings in Kostanski 1998
- Sallee - no gender differences in serotonin levels
- Kessler 1993 - women 2x more likely to get depressed
- Hankin 2001 - girls have more cognitive vulnerability
- Shrier 2002 - achieve lower educational attainment
5. In Robertson 2004, what is the prevalence for postpartum depression