- Created by: poppwhitehorn
- Created on: 03-05-18 12:13
1. Whats John Hick’s Replica theory?
- Hick beleives we are physically resurected, like jesus was within the biblical story
- Hick sees resurrection as a divine action in which an exact replica of ourselves is created in a different realm. John Smith analogy
- Hick believes that we arent an exact replica within heaven, more of an essence of our earthly self (our soul) which trancends after death
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
- theology concerned with death, judgement and the final destiny of the soul and humankind
- Another word for heaven within the bible
- study of man and the soul
3. Why do protestants reject the idea of purgatory
- Protestants tend to reject the doctrine because it is illogical
- • Protestants tend to reject the doctrine because it contradicts biblical teaching and suggests that JC’s sacrifice on the cross was not the final act of salvation.
- Protestants tend to reject the doctrine because their is no biblical evidence
4. according to John Hick, who gets to heaven?
- everyone. All religious point to the truth therefore all people will be saved (6 blind men and the elphant)
- Only chirstians can be saved as christainity is unqiue and the true religion
- christians including anoymous christians
5. what is Humes problem with hell?
- It would get boring, especially since we are in there for eternity. Would we not get used to the pain
- the whole concept of hell calls God’s justice into question because a finite sin could never deserve an infinite punishment
- there is no biblical evience for hell