- study of man and the soul
- theology concerned with death, judgement and the final destiny of the soul and humankind
- Another word for heaven within the bible
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is Humes problem with hell?
- It would get boring, especially since we are in there for eternity. Would we not get used to the pain
- the whole concept of hell calls God’s justice into question because a finite sin could never deserve an infinite punishment
- there is no biblical evience for hell
3. Whats John Hick’s Replica theory?
- Hick sees resurrection as a divine action in which an exact replica of ourselves is created in a different realm. John Smith analogy
- Hick believes that we arent an exact replica within heaven, more of an essence of our earthly self (our soul) which trancends after death
- Hick beleives we are physically resurected, like jesus was within the biblical story
4. What does Bernard Williams critise about heaven and hell?
- questions whether eternity in heaven would be desirable. If we had perfect bodies, no physical limitations, and whatever we wanted to do, would it get boring?
- There is no empirical evidence for heaven and therefore no logical reason to beleive in it
- The afterlife acts purely as a comfort blanket to indicudals who dislike their life/ hope for something better than their current situation. It is purely wish fufuilment
5. according to John Hick, who gets to heaven?
- christians including anoymous christians
- everyone. All religious point to the truth therefore all people will be saved (6 blind men and the elphant)
- Only chirstians can be saved as christainity is unqiue and the true religion