1. What is meant by 'cognitive control'?
- The ability to suppress competing inappropriate thoughts or actions in favour of appropriate ones
- The ability to suppress competing inappropriate thoughts or actions in favour of inappropriate ones
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happens in the ventral striatum of the brain?
- Immediate rewards are recognised
- Decision making
3. What kind of response takes place to a 'hot' cue?
4. What did low delayers do in the marshmallow test?
- Said they didn't like marshmallows
- Took the immediate reward by eating the marshmllow
- Didn't eat the marshmallow and ended up with two marshmallows
- Used cooling techniques to distract themselves
5. What is title of the study?
- Inferior frontal gyrus vs. ventral striatum
- Delay Gratification
- Hot cues vs. cool cues
- Low delayers vs. hot delayers