1. What are nanoparticles?
- Particles sized 1-100nm across
- Small particles
- Particles with a high volume to surface area ration
- Particles sized from 1-1000nm across
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does sodium iodide solution conduct electricity?
- Sodium can react with water and water can conduct electricity
- The atoms are able to carry an electric charge
- Ions can move (in the solution)
- The iodide is able to conduct electricity when it reacts with water
3. Why do hydrogen ions move to the negative electrode?
- Because hydrogen is a BOSS
- Because they have positive ions and opposites attract
- Because they react with the sodium metal to produce a positive ions which is attracted to the negative electrode
- Because they have negative ions that are attracted to the negative electrode
4. What does gas chromatography do to the mixture of solvents?
- It shows what gas is produced
- It helps chromate the solvents making the easier to use
- It separates them
- It identifies what compound the solvent is made from
5. What information does the molecular ion peak give about the molecule?
- Identity of substance
- Molecular mass / Mr
- Relative atomic mass
- Mass spectroscopy