1. Give one criticism of research into the biosocial theory
- It is on the wrong side of the nature vs nurture debate
- Studies of abnormal individuals can't be generalised to all populations
- it is rubbish
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Eagly and Wood find in a re-examination of Buss' study?
- In cultures where male strength is not important the difference between genders is reduced
- That in cultures where male strength is not important the difference between genders is increased
- That men have a higher earning capacity due to adaptive differences
3. What did Condry and Condry study?
- Showed male and female participants videos of a male (David) child or female (Dana) child playing with a jack in the box. Girls reaction said to be fear and boys to be anger
- Babies given toys that matched the gender of the name they were given
- Babies given opposite gender toys to their sex
- Boys said to be fearful of jack in the box, girls said to be angry.
4. Give a criticism of Smith and Lloyd's/Condry and Condry's study -
- In Smith and Lloyd's study there was not a gender neutral name, so no control group
- All of the above
- Participants may have experienced social desirability
- Babies in Condry and Condry's study put under stress by the jack in the box (unethical)
5. What theory did the David Reimer case study disprove?
- The theory of everything
- Money and Ehrardt's theory that any gender will be maintained if assigned before the age of 3
- Eagly and Wood's Social Role theory
- Goldwyn's study