1. What theory did the David Reimer case study disprove?
- The theory of everything
- Money and Ehrardt's theory that any gender will be maintained if assigned before the age of 3
- Eagly and Wood's Social Role theory
- Goldwyn's study
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Give one criticism of research into the biosocial theory
- Studies of abnormal individuals can't be generalised to all populations
- it is rubbish
- It is on the wrong side of the nature vs nurture debate
3. Give a criticism of Smith and Lloyd's/Condry and Condry's study -
- In Smith and Lloyd's study there was not a gender neutral name, so no control group
- Participants may have experienced social desirability
- Babies in Condry and Condry's study put under stress by the jack in the box (unethical)
- All of the above
4. Who proposed the Social Role Theory?
- Eagly and Wood (1999)
- Wilson (1997)
- Money and Ehrardt (1972)
- Reimer (1967)
5. What is the Social role theory?
- Gender is a socially constructed concept
- Men have a lower earning capacity due to evolution
- Evolution dictates physiological differences and the sex role allocated to us creates the psychological differences.
- Biology determines sex of rearing and differential treatment follows from whether we are labelled M or F