1. What is the biosocial theory?
- Evolution dictates physiological differences and the sex role allocated to us creates the psychological differences.
- Men have a higher earning capacity than women because of evolution.
- Biology determines sex of rearing and differential treatment follows from whether we are labelled M or F
- The development of gender is purely biological
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Goldwyn, 1979, study?
- Which toys participants gave babies in relation to their assumed gender.
- Daphne West, born with testes instead of ovaries but a female appearance who maintained her gender
- David Reimer, raised as a girl but rejected this gender as he was born chromosomal male
3. Who proposed the Biosocial approach?
- Reimer et al (1963)
- Money and Ehrardt (1972)
- Eagly and Wood (1999)
- Macmillan (1950)
4. Give one criticism of research into the biosocial theory
- It is on the wrong side of the nature vs nurture debate
- Studies of abnormal individuals can't be generalised to all populations
- it is rubbish
5. What did Eagly and Wood find in a re-examination of Buss' study?
- In cultures where male strength is not important the difference between genders is reduced
- That in cultures where male strength is not important the difference between genders is increased
- That men have a higher earning capacity due to adaptive differences