1. What did Eagly and Wood find in a re-examination of Buss' study?
- That men have a higher earning capacity due to adaptive differences
- In cultures where male strength is not important the difference between genders is reduced
- That in cultures where male strength is not important the difference between genders is increased
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Smith and Lloyd study? (1978)
- Showed male and female participants videos of a male (David) child or female (Dana) child playing with a jack in the box. Girls reaction said to be fear and boys to be anger
- Babies in unisex snowsuits given toys that matched the gender of the name they were given by ppts.
- Babies in unisex snow suits given toys that opposed the gender of the name they were given by ppts.
- Babies given toys that opposed their gender
3. What is the biosocial theory?
- Biology determines sex of rearing and differential treatment follows from whether we are labelled M or F
- Men have a higher earning capacity than women because of evolution.
- The development of gender is purely biological
- Evolution dictates physiological differences and the sex role allocated to us creates the psychological differences.
4. Who proposed the Biosocial approach?
- Money and Ehrardt (1972)
- Macmillan (1950)
- Eagly and Wood (1999)
- Reimer et al (1963)
5. What did Goldwyn, 1979, study?
- Which toys participants gave babies in relation to their assumed gender.
- Daphne West, born with testes instead of ovaries but a female appearance who maintained her gender
- David Reimer, raised as a girl but rejected this gender as he was born chromosomal male