1. What does Kety et al's permissive amine theory suggest?
- Noradrenaline controls fluctuations of serotonin
- Serotonin controls fluctuations of noradrenaline
- Serotonin has no effect on depression
- Noradrenaline has no effect on depression
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do SSRIs treat depression?
- Inhibit the reuptake of serotonin at the presynaptic neuron
- Cause the reuptake of serotonin at the presynaptic neuron
- Cause the reuptake of serotonin at the postsynaptic neuron
- Inhibit the reuptake of serotonin at the postsynaptic neuron
3. What was Kennett et al's explanation of the time delay of treatment?
- Most of the neurotransmitters are broken down before they reach tbe brain
- The drugs work by changing the brain structure to make the neurons more sensitive
- It takes a long time for the neurotransmitters to reach the brain
- The drugs don't affect neurotransmitter levels and instead affect your genes
4. What does the diathesis stress model suggest?
- You only inherit a vulnerability to depression and only develop it if you experience significant life stressors
- Depression is only based on genes
- If you have the gene for depression, you will definitely develop it
- Depression is only determined based on the environment
5. What does a lack of 100% concordance in MZ twins show?
- The environment does have an impact but genes have a larger influence
- The environment does not have an impact
- The environment has an impact and has a larger influence than genes
- Gender has an impact