1. What does the diathesis stress model suggest?
- Depression is only based on genes
- You only inherit a vulnerability to depression and only develop it if you experience significant life stressors
- Depression is only determined based on the environment
- If you have the gene for depression, you will definitely develop it
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was Kennett et al's explanation of the time delay of treatment?
- The drugs work by changing the brain structure to make the neurons more sensitive
- It takes a long time for the neurotransmitters to reach the brain
- Most of the neurotransmitters are broken down before they reach tbe brain
- The drugs don't affect neurotransmitter levels and instead affect your genes
3. What do adoption studies do?
- Separate environmental factors from genetic factors
- Separate environmental factors from gender differences
- Separate environmental factors from cultural factors
- Combine environmental factors and genetic factors
4. What do twin studies show?
- MZ twins share genes and the environment so if MZ concordance rates are high, it suggests an environmental impact
- MZ twins share genes and the environment so if MZ concordance rates are high, it suggests a genetic cause
- MZ twins share genes and the environment so if MZ concordance rates are low, it suggest a genetic cause
- MZ twins only share the environment so if MZ concordance rates are high, it suggests a genetic cause
5. What does a lack of 100% concordance in MZ twins show?
- The environment does have an impact but genes have a larger influence
- The environment does not have an impact
- The environment has an impact and has a larger influence than genes
- Gender has an impact